Yes, annotation information present in a file can be imported in GeneSpring. You may use any of the following methods:
- Drag and Drop a file on Genome Browser: To use this feature, follow the steps below:
- Launch Genome Browser
- Drag and drop the file of interest
- Provide a name to the feature and select a template
- In the subsequent step, define the data type and the column types for each of the columns.
- Add annotations from annotation manager: To use this feature, follow the steps below:
- Go to “Annotations -> Annotations Manager"
- Select the Organism and build
- Right-click on the build
- Select the annotation type of interest
- Import the file.
Please refer to GeneSpring manual for details on supported file formats.