Frequently Asked Questions
This error appears if you are using the same Order ID to activate GeneSpring on two different systems.
GeneSpring has the 'Surrender' feature which is useful to transfer the Order ID from one system to another. To surrender an Order ID follow the steps below:
- Click Help in the main menu.
- Select License Manager.
- Click Surrender.
- Click OK.
The 'License has been surrendered successfully' message comes up. Now the same Order ID can be used on another system.
Please try the following instructions:
- Go to GeneSpring installation directory\app\msvc_redist\
- Run the following executable vcredist_86.ext (for 32 bit) vcredist_64.ext (for 64 bit)
- Delete all files in this folder: \bin\license\
- Launch GeneSpring.
If you are still unable to launch GeneSpring, please send the following files to GeneSpring Support (informatics_support [at] agilent [dot] com):
- Recent log files from the 'logs' folder of the installation directory.
- The compressed (zipped) \bin\license folder.
These files will help us in identifying why the error has occurred.
You would encounter the Error 3007 due to an issue with the proxy or firewall settings of your system or if you are not connected to the internet.
In case the system is behind a proxy server, provide server details in the activation dialog box during activation. Check with your system administrator regarding your organisation's proxy settings.
Auto-activation is only possible when you are connected to Internet.
If the proxy or firewall settings are fine and your computer is connected to the internet but you are still unable to activate GeneSpring, then please follow the instructions below for Manual Activation:
- Please open the link below in a computer which is connected to the internet: http://lcosgens.cos.agilent.com/gsLicense/MultipleActivateNew.html
- Enter the Order ID/IDs and attach the manualActivation.txt file (this can be found under \bin\license folder of your GeneSpring installation directory) in the Activation File field.
- Click Submit. You will receive one or more .lic files by email.
- Copy these .lic files into the \bin\license folder.
- Launch GeneSpring.
GeneSpring should be activated now. Please contact GeneSpring Support if the issue persists or if you would like assistance with manual activation.
Error 4015 appears, if the Floating License Server has stopped or the connection between the server and the client is disrupted (LAN or internet). Please note that, each time you reboot the server machine the Floating License Server has to be re-started.
To get the current status of the server (if it is a Windows machine), please follow the steps below:
- Open a command prompt and cd to the directory where the Floating License Server is installed.
Run the command ./lmstat -c bin/license/strand.lic -f marray/ genespring
Please check (in the Task Manager) if the two processes 'lmgrd.exe' and 'strand.exe' are running on the server machine to confirm that the Floating License Server has been started.
- Once this is confirmed try to connect to the Floating License Server from the GeneSpring GX client.
The Floating License Server should be accessible through the network on the port used by FlexLM, which is between 27000 and 27010, by default.
If the server is installed on Linux or Mac, please refer to the Floating License Server administration details in the FloatingServer.pdf document in the Floating License Server installation directory.